What is Career ?
The word CAREER can be defined as "The way one want to live". You may ask what is meant by career options. Well it is an important question for everyone who understands the importance to visualize the career and Work out the way of life with its accordance. It is also a hard fact that a person gets and appropriate time once in a life to think and decide the way of his or her career making.
It is truly said that career is a vision of a person which he/she wants to make true. As we discussed earlier, the career is a visualization of one's future life. To achieve the goal, a person has to choose the line of education by which he/she can make the dreams of life true.
So he / she have to get post graduation degree with specialization. There are courses after graduation like M.Com., M.Sc., etc. Apart from these common subjects there are many other subjects are also available for post graduation, which we can see from the following table.
How to decide the Career ?
Each person has to act as trustee. The career is not only for himself, but also for his family, community and the nation as a whole. So , he has to think of not only what he wants to get out of his career, but also what he can contribute to and through the career.
The individual is the owner of his career. He has the final right and total responsibility for it. Others may help. He would be wise to seek good advice. Suno Sub ki per Karo man ki.
The student should introspect on his own competence, interests and weaknesses, in relation to the competitive pressures and demands of different careers. Here I tried to provide brief information about all reputed courses available in India.
After analyzing the above points, the individual should develop a self-vision. India is a dreamland of opportunities for those with confidence and initiative in agriculture, industry, law, medicine, education and other services.
Develop a vision for yourself. Relate it to a grand vision for India. Assuming a life span of 70 to 80 years, what do you want to be remembered and known for ? How can you ensure that you do not fall into a mediocre rut ?
Do not go obsessively for any one objective, like money, power or frame. Have a balanced set of objectives. Our own heritage offers a blend of dharma, artha , Karma, moksha, ethics, Wealth, enjoyment and release. Picture yourself as a many sided personality.
Develop yourself in six dimensions – Physical fitness, Intellectual depth, psychological maturity, aesthetic taste, material well-being and spiritual awareness.
I have heard a lot of students questioning, which is the best career option? My answer is first you refer to your SWOT analysis and as per that you decide which is more suitable for your nature it will be the best option of your career. It is a fact that if you will select the master degree course with your willingness and maximum concentration then definitely you will achieve what you have thought of. "It is less important that what you achieved but it is most important that what you have tried for". As this quotation says that it is most important to dream and then try to make it true. What you have achieved is less important because achievement will be depends on lot of basis like environment, support form others, etc. So the step by step process of achievements of career will be 1) OBJECTIVE, 2) VISION and 3) MISSION. I hope if you will think about your career from very beginning, as per that planning then you will get the positive results and that will build a successful graph of your career.
Seven 'P's for selection of career
One needs to effectively chalk out plans that will help them advance in their career. This 7 Step Model imparts information on what you actually need to do. They will help you chalk out the next career move. Each step is further divided into questions that you need to ask yourself to work effectively.
- Purpose: Clearly what according to you is meaningful and satisfying work? What are the aspects in your job that are meaningful to you? How will this make you contribute effectively to your goal? Is it just the monetary gains you considers as value ? Do the employers appreciate the long hours of work you put in?
- Positioning: Optimally match your skills, abilities and interests with industries and organizations. What are your target job functions and titles? Have you assessed your skills and abilities sufficiently enough so that it helps you identify what your preferences are and at the same time gives you room for alternatives also? What kind of companies and industries look for the target skills you have?
- Packaging: Packaging is everything! Present yourself in a Compelling manner in order to successfully change industries or fields.
- How do you define yourself?
- What qualities do you want to be known by?
- Are you a fast-starter?
- Are you a detail-oriented?
- Are you a team player?
- Preparation: Build a strategic plan. Make contacts and turn them into career opportunities. Compile a list of people who can be useful for networking. Networking is the key promotional technique. Join organizations; get involved; keep in touch; do what you can to help others; be visible on your targeted professional community. Have you developed relationship with search firms and recruiters? Think how often people are changing jobs now. Are you using resources and websites, career fairs, conferences and trade shows to maximum advantage?
- Presentation: Turn opportunities into interviews and interviews into offers. Employers certainly are interested in what you can do for them, but they will be glad if you will be interested in them! Research on the companies you have targeted at. Know what the challenges they face, their problems are and what their values and mission are. Use informational interviews to develop your understanding and knowledge about companies and create a network of contacts.
- Performance: Master workplace competencies that enhance your personal success in any corporate culture. Can you cope with a crisis? Can you wade through office politics? Are your survival skills sharp? Can you perform well even when you are pressurized for work? Do you know how to effectively communicate the added value you bring to the organization? Are you assuming if you just work hard and do a good job, you will be recognized and rewarded?
- Planning: Long term planning is more effective than a short term planning. Know what you are getting into Analyze where you would want to see yourself in a few years from today. This planning is equally imperative as it builds a thought process to which you need to find logical answers. Maintain a professional development plan that will serve as guidelines throughout your career. Is your resume updated? Do you regularly maintain a log of your accomplishments, training, awards and feedback to prepare for your annual performance evaluation? Do you know where you want to be and what you want to be doing in 5 or 10 years? Do you have saving just in case of an emergency? Are you prepared to relocate? What are your plans in case your company decides to downsize?
These are just a few questions we have listed for you to know and analyze. It helps you think clearly and effectively. Once you have managed to answer them, you know that you are on the right track.
There are many Careers, Top Careers, Career options and Choices after 12th, graduation in India available to students these days. We provide you a list of top and best MBA, management, banking and finance, media and journalism career and career options available in India with their job description, skills required and career prospects available. Here you can browse for different Career options like careers in and after 12th, graduation, commerce, MBA career, engineering, animation, computers and it careers, banking and finance career, aviation, hotel management, management career, biotechnology, arts, law, science careers in design, career as a pilot, fashion designer, teacher, lawyer, architect, engineer, dentist, etc. category-wise. You can also find related courses and articles on such careers and can register for free alerts on courses and institutes providing them related to your short listed career.
|Arts, Law and Languages Careers Explore arts, law, foreign language, english speaking career in India||Aviation, Tourism and Hotel Management Careers Explore aviation, hotel management, catering and tourism career|
|Animation, Multimedia, Web and Game Design Careers Explore animation, multimedia, web design and game design careers||Commerce, Banking and Finance Careers Explore commerce, accounts, banking and finance career in India|
|Education, Teaching and Training Careers Explore careers in education, B.Ed, M.Ed and teacher training in India||Merchant Navy, Maritime and Nautical Science Careers Explore marine engineering, merchant navy, maritime, shipping and defense careers|
|MBA, PGDM and Management Careers Explore mba, management, logistics and retail career in India||MCA, BCA, Computers and IT Careers Explore computer, IT, networking, hardware and software careers|
|Medical, Dental and Clinical Research Careers Explore medical, dental, pharmacy and health care career in India||Film, Media, Journalism, Mass Communication Careers Explore media, journalism, mass communication, film and tv and acting career|
|Science, Engineering and Bio Technology Careers Explore science, engineering diploma, engineering degree and biotechnology career||Designing-Fashion, Interior, Jewellery, Apparel, Textile Design, Architecture and Planning Careers Explore architecture, fashion design, interior design and beauty careers in India|